Sunday, February 15, 2009

Thaipusam '09



This was my first time having the chance to attended Thaipusam in Penang. I woke up at 4 something and mum drop me at a place . You know what I followed all those photographers to that event.

It was completely a darkness when I reached at the place. We walked for quite a distance. I saw a lot of Indians. Many of them were actually carrying a pale of milk on their head and they have to walk to the top of hill. Their God was at the top of the hill and also the place they removed their needle thingy.



They climbed up step by step up to the temple at the top. Even Chinese also joined the crowd. It was cramp, you can accidentally pushed the person in front of you.





This is the temple. If I am not mistaken the god up there is God Murugan.



A lot people took turns to hit the hanging bell . Everybody hit three times. Can somebody why do they need to hit three times and not one time?

A lot of parents carrying their small child and climbed all the way to the temple which was located at the hill top. I observed many of them were sleeping.







Children chit-chatting? Come tell me what were you all talking? I don't understand Tamil!